News:

Please request registration email again and then check your "Spam" folder

Former www.henthighschool.com

[Feedback] *BUG REPORTS*

Started by Goldo, May 13, 2022, 09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COOLBURNERBRO

I am having an error right after the conversation with the leader of the thieve's guild where she says she will get something for you from a goddess. I don't think there was anything I did wrong when installing the patch before I started playthrough. I'm on mac, an I saw in an earlier post that mac isn't really supported, but here is the error message anyway incase anything can be solved:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKchapter1.rpy", line 2831, in script
    return
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/BKevents.rpy', 1653927894, 17988).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKchapter1.rpy", line 2831, in script
    return
  File "/private/var/folders/xs/rhls8qh566b5jsr0t1g3_zdh0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/C7F78BD1-57A6-4D49-91C6-37D458D07406/d/Brothel_King.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1567, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "/private/var/folders/xs/rhls8qh566b5jsr0t1g3_zdh0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/C7F78BD1-57A6-4D49-91C6-37D458D07406/d/Brothel_King.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 710, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/BKevents.rpy', 1653927894, 17988).

Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Brothel King 0.2 v220416
Wed Jun  8 01:00:03 2022

Justinof

Ch12 i will try to be clear:

The v. 0.15b i have played was running fine even whit 140 girls in the brothel.
I have installed the v.0.2 Release (not the alpha) in a new folder, so the save folder was empty. But since i didn't know at that time that the game saves even in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Bro King-somenumber i didn't delete those saves.
Only when i went to save the first time i have seen that the old saves where still there somewhere.
I didn't bother at the time, i wasn't going to use them anymore. I have deleted those old saves a week ago.

I have installed the patches correctly, overwriting when asked. Here the lines:

        elif result == "assign":
            if not renpy.predicting():
                call hide_details()

            $ girl = selected_girl

The lag happens when i open the girls screen, when i assign points, when i use any button in the girl screen, even the tooltip is lagging. The scrolling in the right panel sometimes is very slow if i use the whell, work better whit the click+pull.
When the pointer is above a button the game takes even 1 second to recognise the position.
This behaviour is not costant, sometimes it seems to speed up for a bit and after few seconds it slow down again.

I could say that the imputs involving the mouse are way slower than those whit the Keyboard.
The mouse pointer has no issues, it moves flawlessy on the screen,

In the resting schedule screen i could tap on 10 buttons fast and wait 10 second for the whole sequence to actually be completed.

I might make a video if necessary, i don't know where i could upload it though.



DougTheC

#32
Quote from: COOLBURNERBRO on Jun 08, 2022, 08:13 AMI am having an error right after the conversation with the leader of the thieve's guild where she says she will get something for you from a goddess. I don't think there was anything I did wrong when installing the patch before I started playthrough. I'm on mac, an I saw in an earlier post that mac isn't really supported, but here is the error message anyway incase anything can be solved:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKchapter1.rpy", line 2831, in script
    return
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/BKevents.rpy', 1653927894, 17988).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKchapter1.rpy", line 2831, in script
    return
  File "/private/var/folders/xs/rhls8qh566b5jsr0t1g3_zdh0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/C7F78BD1-57A6-4D49-91C6-37D458D07406/d/Brothel_King.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1567, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "/private/var/folders/xs/rhls8qh566b5jsr0t1g3_zdh0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/C7F78BD1-57A6-4D49-91C6-37D458D07406/d/Brothel_King.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 710, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/BKevents.rpy', 1653927894, 17988).

Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Brothel King 0.2 v220416
Wed Jun  8 01:00:03 2022


From info on Lemmasoft, it seems your call return stack is broken.

Some ways for that to happen are:
  • Loading an old save from prior version that was made during an event (Saves recommended on brothel main screen)
  • Having auto-refresh of compiled code, and having game open when installing patch/editing .rpy files

Try loading an earlier save that was not made during an event.

Latest patch is from 5-19-22, so you can update that also, while checking FAQ to make sure you originally installed Release (not Beta) base code.
I predict that May 5, 2022, the US Dow Jones index will drop over 1,063 points.
It's a sure thing.

If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
-
Advice from the radio: Wash your hands, often with soap and water.
-
My doctor put me on the Pro Plan® Bright Mind™ diet.

GoldoTopic starter

#33
Quote from: QuietBob on May 24, 2022, 08:47 PMSince this is my first post on the new forum, I feel obligated to say, ah, it's good to have a home again.

Now that I've said that, on the old forum I mentioned an issue with girl's reactions changing drastically before and during training, going from, "Haha, that sounds like fun, master!" to "That's dirty! I don't want to!" and you had asked for specific examples.

I just started a new game with the latest patch and I've got a save here with only one slave, Leortha's Astrid Hofferson, right before training nude which demonstrates exactly what I'm talking about. If you try training again the next day, regular or advanced, you'll see it again. You might have to try a couple times because the dialogue is randomized, but it should show what I'm talking about more often than not.

Apparently I can't attach files here, so I've uploaded it to Mega here: https://mega.nz/folder/B01ByYCa#8OrOqUfdbgK8ZWU2ynMVGA

Okay, so the problem lies in some of the custom community dialogue I'm afraid. Here is what the vanilla dialogue looked like:
add_dialogue("slave train accepted", ("generic"), ["Yes, Master.", "As you command, Master.", "Oh, Master [MC.name]... *blush*", "Of course, Master."])
Which did not imply she would like it or not, just that she would obey.

The community dialogue you encountered is like this:
add_dialogue("slave train accepted", ("pervert", "very lewd"), ("Gladly, Master.", "*giggle* That sounds like fun, Master.", "Ooh, I would love to!", "Oh Master, that is {i}so{/i} hot!"))
Which does heavily imply that she will enjoy herself. Hence the weird shift of tone.

I'll check with Neronero what can be done.

Quote from: neronero on Jun 05, 2022, 08:38 AM
Quote from: cosmonight19, post: 8274350, member: 4313842for people that have the BB and Karin packs i made, are the name settings in the ini file working? i don't see anything wrong when i check the files on my end but in-game their names aren't generating correctly but packs from other people are. for Karin, any clones should still keep "Kakudate" in their name and the original should be named "Kakudate Karin" but in my game all Karin clones generate without last names and the original comes up as "Karin (Blue Archive)". i didn't really care too much to worry about it for those two but it seems to be affecting every pack i've made since BB since the one i'm working on right now isn't generating properly either


This seems to be related to the ";" comment not being separated from the code by a space. It seems to be a limitation of the ConfigParser module. I can always make the template _BK.ini introduction clearer on that point.

QuotePossibly related to this bug?

Quote from: RudolfU, post: 8070719, member: 169196I mean, my problem was not with saving the file (as i usually allowed clones in testing), but with them having keep_last_name = False in config, but in game they all generated with same last name (i thought it was because of keep_init line before). After small test rignt now, i found interesting bug - if game setting in BK have yes set to save first or last name for clones, it will take preference over .ini False setting ( even if use clonning name settings from .ini = yes). So you can have .ini file with keep_first_name = True, keep_last_name = False and game settings with keep first name: no, keep last name = yes, use ini settings = yes - clones will generate saving both first and last names :unsure:

Edit: My guess about naming bug : in BK functions.rpy lines ~3301- 3306, after checking for cloning options in ini, BK checks persistent.keep_firstname (game settings) and only if both checks are False it gets randomized. I probably will change those checks in my copy, but  maybe someone can report that to dev to fix globally :)

This one is an interesting case: the game works as intended here. Every _BK.ini will have a setting of 'True' or 'False' (by default) for keeping first and last names for clones. If we go with the solution suggested here, _BK.ini settings will always overwrite the option menu choice, making it effectively useless. What I chose to do instead is to only apply the _BK.ini setting if set to 'True' (which requires an action by the pack maker), because I assume this is the intended behavior from the pack maker's point of view (when the setting is left to False which is default, I assume the pack maker doesn't actually care and is fine with the game settings overwriting that).

There are ways around this, such as adding three possible values to _BK.ini (such as 'True', 'False', and 'default'); but I'd like to know what real-world problem we are trying to solve here before over-complexifying things for pack makers.

QuoteNoticed a curious thing, no idea if it have been mentioned already. When you have a full brother and no space at a farm (but you can buy a pen) and you buy a slave, click on the option to send her to the farm and buy another pen, she gets sent to your brothel instead. Now I have 9/8 girls in my brothel.

I could not reproduce that bug. Has anyone else run into this?
Maker of BK. Looking for the latest patch for BK 0.2? It's right here. The link doesn't change, so bookmark it!

oratorio

Quote from: Goldo on Jun 09, 2022, 04:23 PM
QuoteNoticed a curious thing, no idea if it have been mentioned already. When you have a full brother and no space at a farm (but you can buy a pen) and you buy a slave, click on the option to send her to the farm and buy another pen, she gets sent to your brothel instead. Now I have 9/8 girls in my brothel.

I could not reproduce that bug. Has anyone else run into this?

I have had this happen before, but not for quite some time (I haven't tried to make it happen recently either).

GoldoTopic starter

Quote from: oratorio on Jun 10, 2022, 01:31 AM
Quote from: Goldo on Jun 09, 2022, 04:23 PM
QuoteNoticed a curious thing, no idea if it have been mentioned already. When you have a full brother and no space at a farm (but you can buy a pen) and you buy a slave, click on the option to send her to the farm and buy another pen, she gets sent to your brothel instead. Now I have 9/8 girls in my brothel.

I could not reproduce that bug. Has anyone else run into this?

I have had this happen before, but not for quite some time (I haven't tried to make it happen recently either).

Sounds like a bug that was fixed in a patch a few months back, which is why I have doubts.
Maker of BK. Looking for the latest patch for BK 0.2? It's right here. The link doesn't change, so bookmark it!

GoldoTopic starter

Quick update: as I have not noted any game-breaking bug for a while, I have moved on to the test version of 0.3 and will be focusing on this from now on.

I may release one final patch for 0.2, and then that will be it. Let me know if there are some fixes that are an absolute priority for you.
Maker of BK. Looking for the latest patch for BK 0.2? It's right here. The link doesn't change, so bookmark it!

DougTheC

#37
Quote from: Justinof on Jun 08, 2022, 11:25 AMCh12 i will try to be clear:

The v. 0.15b i have played was running fine even whit 140 girls in the brothel.
I have installed the v.0.2 Release (not the alpha) in a new folder, so the save folder was empty. But since i didn't know at that time that the game saves even in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Bro King-somenumber i didn't delete those saves.
...
The lag happens when i open the girls screen, when i assign points, when i use any button in the girl screen, even the tooltip is lagging. The scrolling in the right panel sometimes is very slow if i use the whell, work better whit the click+pull.
When the pointer is above a button the game takes even 1 second to recognise the position.
This behaviour is not costant, sometimes it seems to speed up for a bit and after few seconds it slow down again.

Could you try commenting out the following lines in BKscreens.rpy by adding a # at start of each line, about line 286, and see if that improves lag after using interaction buttons. Run game to recompile; can load from save.

    if context != "farm":
        $ predict_images(girls, predict_portraits = False) # Portraits will be loaded directly, anyway. Also, they already get predicted in right_menu().

If this helps, then @Goldo could move the prediction to before each BKmain.rpy "show screen girls" command, instead of within the girls tab. Would avoid prediction for every cycle of screens with girls tab.

Would then be in BKmain.rpy (test if works):
    $ predict_images(slavemarket.girls, predict_portraits = False) # Portraits will be loaded directly, anyway. Also, they already get predicted in right_menu().
    show screen girls(slavemarket.girls, context = "slavemarket")

and (two places)
    $ predict_images(MC.girls, predict_portraits = False) # Portraits will be loaded directly, anyway. Also, they already get predicted in right_menu().
    show screen girls(MC.girls, "girls")

The "show screen girls" usages in BKinteractions.rpy would run without repetitive image prediction.

The note in predict_images about "# This function seems to work only if called from BKscreens." may relate to parameters not being passed to helper function, instead being treated as semi-global values, Might need some experimentation to work out.
I predict that May 5, 2022, the US Dow Jones index will drop over 1,063 points.
It's a sure thing.

If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
-
Advice from the radio: Wash your hands, often with soap and water.
-
My doctor put me on the Pro Plan® Bright Mind™ diet.

Hermenegild

#38
Not really a bug, just a visual glitch, but an annoying one, with two WTF moments.

Suppose a girl in the brothel is trained enough that all her skills are (almost) maxed, and she earns a level. The "Level up" icon next to the "Girls" button in the brothel screen appears, and the same icon appears next to the girl's portrait in the list. Also, the girl gets a "Level up" button in the top left menu, near "Interact". So far, so good.

However, you have no skills to spend all her new skill points on. Once you spend as much as you can, her "Level up" icon disappears. However, the "Level up" icon next to the "Girls" button doesn't, it stays there. So you end up with a signal saying "One of your girls has leveled up, take care of it!", and with no signal saying "Here's the girl that leveled up!". You think, "WTF?".

To find the girl you have to click each one and look for the "Level up" button being visible. And even if you find the girl, the button does nothing. Again, you think "WTF?".

I'm not sure what should be the correct course of action here. The main-menu "Level up" icon should definitely disappear in that case, but I think both the girl's icon and the "Level up" button should stay, the same way as it works if you have an unspent perk point (if you need two to unlock a tree and you only have one). What the button should do, I'm not sure. A message?

This situation is more likely to happen in the later chapters, where the skill points awarded for leveling up are pretty big. Mine has happened in chapter 6.

Base game, no mods.

GoldoTopic starter

Quote from: Hermenegild on Jun 13, 2022, 03:04 PMNot really a bug, just a visual glitch, but an annoying one, with two WTF moments.

Suppose a girl in the brothel is trained enough that all her skills are (almost) maxed, and she earns a level. The "Level up" icon next to the "Girls" button in the brothel screen appears, and the same icon appears next to the girl's portrait in the list. Also, the girl gets a "Level up" button in the top left menu, near "Interact". So far, so good.

However, you have no skills to spend all her new skill points on. Once you spend as much as you can, her "Level up" icon disappears. However, the "Level up" icon next to the "Girls" button doesn't, it stays there. So you end up with a signal saying "One of your girls has leveled up, take care of it!", and with no signal saying "Here's the girl that leveled up!". You think, "WTF?".

I see the problem here, because the game logic for the 'girls' indicators was not updated properly. It's an easy enough fix, but...

QuoteI'm not sure what should be the correct course of action here. The main-menu "Level up" icon should definitely disappear in that case, but I think both the girl's icon and the "Level up" button should stay, the same way as it works if you have an unspent perk point (if you need two to unlock a tree and you only have one). What the button should do, I'm not sure. A message?

...I'm not sure I understand the part highlighted in red. Why do you think the indicator needs to stay, if the girl cannot spend any more upgrade points? I think it would be more consistent if all warnings disappeared once you cannot spent any more upgrade points.
Maker of BK. Looking for the latest patch for BK 0.2? It's right here. The link doesn't change, so bookmark it!

Hermenegild

#40
Quote from: Goldo on Jun 14, 2022, 08:20 AM
Quote from: Hermenegild on Jun 13, 2022, 03:04 PM[...] I think both the girl's icon and the "Level up" button should stay, the same way as it works if you have an unspent perk point (if you need two to unlock a tree and you only have one).[...]

...I'm not sure I understand the part highlighted in red. Why do you think the indicator needs to stay, if the girl cannot spend any more upgrade points? I think it would be more consistent if all warnings disappeared once you cannot spent any more upgrade points.

This is simply how it currently works if you have a perk point you're unable to spend. If you end up in a situation where all your unlocked perk trees are finished, and you still have a lone perk point, you're unable to spend it because unlocking a new tree costs two points. In this case the game behaves exactly as I described: the main screen "Level up" icon goes away, but the girl's "level up" icon stays and her "Perks" button is still named "Level up". And I'm fine with how this works: there's no global indicator, but the girl still remains labelled as one which could be better if I can manage to overcome the current limit (level or rank her up).

I would just like some consistency here. If you think the girl's icon should also go away and her "Level up" button should revert to "Perks", that's fine. All I ask is for the two cases to be handled in the same way.

Justinof

Quote from: DougTheC on Jun 12, 2022, 10:14 AMCould you try commenting out the following lines in BKscreens.rpy by adding a # at start of each line, about line 286, and see if that improves lag after using interaction buttons. Run game to recompile; can load from save.

    if context != "farm":
        $ predict_images(girls, predict_portraits = False) # Portraits will be loaded directly, anyway. Also, they already get predicted in right_menu().
After commenting out those 2 lines the navigation in girls screen has indeed improved, not massively but substantially nonetheless.

Quote from: DougTheC on Jun 12, 2022, 10:14 AMIf this helps, then @Goldo could move the prediction to before each BKmain.rpy "show screen girls" command, instead of within the girls tab. Would avoid prediction for every cycle of screens with girls tab.
I think this the right thing to do, for what i can understand.

Quote from: DougTheC on Jun 12, 2022, 10:14 AMWould then be in BKmain.rpy (test if works):
    $ predict_images(slavemarket.girls, predict_portraits = False) # Portraits will be loaded directly, anyway. Also, they already get predicted in right_menu().
    show screen girls(slavemarket.girls, context = "slavemarket")

and (two places)
    $ predict_images(MC.girls, predict_portraits = False) # Portraits will be loaded directly, anyway. Also, they already get predicted in right_menu().
    show screen girls(MC.girls, "girls")
I have implemented these too, still testing, i haven't noticed weird behaviours.
I know i am pushing the game to the limits, but i am wondering why it can't make use of a powerful gpu to handle the images more efficiently.

Many thanks for the help!


DougTheC

Quote from: Justinof on Jun 14, 2022, 02:23 PM
Quote from: DougTheC on Jun 12, 2022, 10:14 AMCould you try commenting out the following lines in BKscreens.rpy by adding a # at start of each line, about line 286, and see if that improves lag after using interaction buttons. Run game to recompile; can load from save.

    if context != "farm":
        $ predict_images(girls, predict_portraits = False) # Portraits will be loaded directly, anyway. Also, they already get predicted in right_menu().
After commenting out those 2 lines the navigation in girls screen has indeed improved, not massively but substantially nonetheless.

Quote from: DougTheC on Jun 12, 2022, 10:14 AMIf this helps, then @Goldo could move the prediction to before each BKmain.rpy "show screen girls" command, instead of within the girls tab. Would avoid prediction for every cycle of screens with girls tab.
I think this the right thing to do, for what i can understand.

Quote from: DougTheC on Jun 12, 2022, 10:14 AMWould then be in BKmain.rpy (test if works):
    $ predict_images(slavemarket.girls, predict_portraits = False) # Portraits will be loaded directly, anyway. Also, they already get predicted in right_menu().
    show screen girls(slavemarket.girls, context = "slavemarket")

and (two places)
    $ predict_images(MC.girls, predict_portraits = False) # Portraits will be loaded directly, anyway. Also, they already get predicted in right_menu().
    show screen girls(MC.girls, "girls")
I have implemented these too, still testing, i haven't noticed weird behaviours.
I know i am pushing the game to the limits, but i am wondering why it can't make use of a powerful gpu to handle the images more efficiently.

Many thanks for the help!

Quote from: Justinof on Jun 08, 2022, 11:25 AM...
The lag happens when i open the girls screen, when i assign points, when i use any button in the girl screen, even the tooltip is lagging. The scrolling in the right panel sometimes is very slow if i use the whell, work better whit the click+pull.
When the pointer is above a button the game takes even 1 second to recognise the position.
This behaviour is not costant, sometimes it seems to speed up for a bit and after few seconds it slow down again.

If this helps, then @Goldo could move the prediction to before each BKmain.rpy "show screen girls" command, instead of within the girls tab. Would avoid prediction for every cycle of screens with girls tab.

Would then be in BKmain.rpy line 73(test if works):
    $ predict_images(slavemarket.girls, predict_portraits = False) # Portraits will be loaded directly, anyway. Also, they already get predicted in right_menu().
    show screen girls(slavemarket.girls, context = "slavemarket")

and (two places) only line 1099 (line 983 has max 1 girl)
    $ predict_images(MC.girls, predict_portraits = False) # Portraits will be loaded directly, anyway. Also, they already get predicted in right_menu().
    show screen girls(MC.girls, "girls")

The "show screen girls" usages in BKinteractions.rpy would run without repetitive image prediction.

The note in predict_images about "# This function seems to work only if called from BKscreens." may relate to parameters not being passed to helper function, instead being treated as semi-global values. Might need some experimentation to work out, including testing if prediction being done by parameters.

@Goldo, also can consider parts of girls_loop to be done only after flag was set from change affecting them::
  •         $ game.sort(MC.girls, context = "girls")
  •         $ girl_status_dict = load_girl_status(MC.girls) # Test to increase performance
  •         $ brothel.update_customer_count()
I predict that May 5, 2022, the US Dow Jones index will drop over 1,063 points.
It's a sure thing.

If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
-
Advice from the radio: Wash your hands, often with soap and water.
-
My doctor put me on the Pro Plan® Bright Mind™ diet.

j01ntr0l1a

hey i dunno where to put this if this is a glitch or not or just a loop(same diff to me tho im not a tech wiz or anything im just saying something that isnt supposed to happen i believe)and its for Trait King not the main game but i noticed if someone is in High-Demand and you move them over to the farm they will stay in High-Demand indefinitely long as they stay there

neronero

Quote from: j01ntr0l1a on Jun 14, 2022, 08:15 PMhey i dunno where to put this if this is a glitch or not or just a loop(same diff to me tho im not a tech wiz or anything im just saying something that isnt supposed to happen i believe)and its for Trait King not the main game but i noticed if someone is in High-Demand and you move them over to the farm they will stay in High-Demand indefinitely long as they stay there
Thanks! I'll look into fixing this for future versions (probably not short term)
Trait King bugs can be reported in the Trait King thread.
My Girl Packs: [ link ] - Trait King mod: [ link ]